Sunday

You can beat an egg but you can't beat a root.

A root vegetable, that is. Gosh.
Minds out of the gutter please...


I am one of those pain-in-the-arse people who always posts food on instagram, but instead of apologising for it (I'm not sorry I make people hungry a lot more often than they possibly should be), I like to exacerbate the "problem" by posting recipes every now and again. 
Today I made a delicious, healthy silverbeet and sweet potato pie. I looks a little shabby but it tasted ahmazing.


Ingredients:
1-2 sheets PUFF PASTRY (I used gluten-free...hence the dodgy patching job half-way across the pie) (also depends on the size of your dish, so best of luck trying to figure out the logistics. Hah!)
1 bunch SILVERBEET, shredded (include a bit of stalk in there too, just for it's healthy goodness)
1 ONION, finely sliced
2 cloves GARLIC, crushed
1 cup low-fat RICOTTA
0.5 of a SWEET POTATO, sliced thinly
4TBSP PINE NUTS
Fresh ROSEMARY, SAGE, MINT, diced finely (roughly 1tbsp) (you can really use any herbs)
S&P
OLIVE OIL

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Layer sweet potato around the base of your dish. Place in the oven to begin cooking process.
Meanwhile, sautee onion + garlic + herbs in a little olive oil.
Add silverbeet and sweat down until soft and wilted.
Stir through pinenuts + ricotta.
Season with S&P
-
Remove pie dish from the oven and rest on a heat-proof mat.
Spread silverbeet mixture over the sweet-potato evenly.
Cover with puff pastry and brush the top with a little melted butter or milk.
Bake until pastry is golden...(I'd be lying if I knew how long this bit takes, as I wasn't watching a clock)

Enjoy!

x
E

No comments:

Post a Comment